Top 4 Weekend Drive-Aways Close to the Tristate!
If you’re looking for an affordable, shorter vacation alternative ...Or maybe the kiddos are home for summer break, and you’d like a little mid-summer escape.. Or maybe you just need little trip to get away from it all... We’ve made a list for you! Our top 4 weekend drive-away locations…all within 3 hours of Evansville!
Nashville, TennesseeThis city has a little something for everyone! If you’re taking the whole family for a fun-filled weekend out of the house, be sure to check out Opry Mills Mall. There’s loads of trendy stores for the big shoppers, Bass Pro Shops for the outdoors-y fellas and the Aquarium and Rainforest Cafe for the kiddos. Some other fun stops for the whole family are:
- Opry Mills Hotel - Even if you’re not staying here, it’s worth the trip to see the beautiful scenery inside and out!
- Nashville’s famous Broadway Street downtown - Fun for the kiddos to walk around during the day and great live music and food at night for the adults!
- Cheekwood - This place has a botanical garden & winery for the adults and trains, scavenger hunts and treehouse climbing for the little ones.
Louisville, KentuckyOur second pick also has a little bit of everything. If you or your spouse is a baseball fan, be sure to stop by the Louisville Slugger Museum or for the creative minds check out the Kentucky Science Center. For some free fun, check out Louisville’s Waterfront Park! If you’re thinking about a nice relaxing trip for you and your sweetie, you’ll need to stop by Huber Winery. They’ve been in the winemaking business since 1843, growing from 80 acres to over 600 acres... this is a vineyard you truly must experience in person. Don’t worry… we’ve also scouted out some more B&B options for you as well:
- 1840 Tucker House Bed & Breakfast
- Central Park Bed & Breakfast
- Louisville Bourbon Inn
- The Inn At St. James Court
French LickIf you’ve never been to French Lick or West Baden, you are truly missing out on a hidden gem in the hills of eastern Indiana. Whether you’re in search of relaxing weekend full of wine tasting and spa treatment or a fun filled weekend with gambling and live entertainment … you are sure to find it at French Lick & West Baden Springs. Along with plenty of things to do at the resort, you can also roam around the city for more yummy food, shopping & fun activities:
- French Lick Scenic Railway
- Patoka Lake
- Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park
- Wilstem Ranch
- AND MORE!